01 GROWING OUR FOOTPRINT
In 2018, we continued to grow our global footprint with over S$2.5 billion of acquisitions and investments.
• CDL made top bids of S$212.2 million and S$472.4 million for the residential sites at Handy Road / Mount Sophia and West Coast Vale respectively in January.
• Millennium & Copthorne Hotels New Zealand Limited acquired The Waterfront Hotel located at New Plymouth and rebranded it as the Millennium Hotel New Plymouth, Waterfront in early February.
• CDL and joint venture partner TID Pte. Ltd., through their wholly-owned subsidiaries CDL Constellation Pte. Ltd. and TID Residential Pte. Ltd., made the highest bid of S$509.4 million for the Executive Condominium site at Sumang Walk in late February.
• CDL was the only Singapore company invited to be cornerstone investor in Initial Public Offering of E-House
– China’s largest real estate agency service provider, with investment of HK$237.8 million (approximately S$41.4 million) in July.
• CDL partnered CapitaLand to clinch the attractive mixed-use residential and commercial site in Sengkang Central at a tender price of S$777.78 million in August.
• Aldgate House in London, United Kingdom was acquired for £183 million (approximately S$328 million), in September.
• CDL acquired 125 Old Broad Street in London, United Kingdom for £385 million (approximately S$687 million), in October.
• CDL Hospitality Trusts marked its maiden entry into Italy through the acquisition of Hotel Cerretani Florence, MGallery by Sofitel for €40.6 million (approximately S$63.6 million) in November.
02 TOP HONOURS
CDL Executive Chairman Mr Kwek Leng Beng was accorded the Singapore Tatler Diamond Award (Lifetime Achievement), marking his fourth Lifetime Achievement Award received in the past four years. It was the highest accolade presented at the 36th Anniversary Singapore Tatler Ball 2018 and is in recognition of Mr Kwek’s exceptional leadership that led Hong Leong Group to grow into a globally-diversified giant with strong presence in the property, hotels, finance and trade & industry sectors and key offices across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Europe and North America.
As Singapore’s property pioneer with a heritage of over 50 years, CDL has garnered accolades for our industry leadership and organisational excellence.
Business & Sustainability Excellence
• IR Magazine Awards – South East Asia 2018 – Best ESG Communications
• Securities Investors Association Singapore (SIAS) Investors’ Choice Awards 2018
– Sustainability Award (Winner)
– Most Transparent Company Award (Runner-Up, Properties)
• Euromoney Real Estate Survey 2018 – Winner in Developers Category, Singapore (Residential Sector)
• EdgeProp Excellence Awards 2018 – Top Developer Award
• Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World
• 2018 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index – CDL and DBS are the only 2 Singapore companies named in this inaugural sector-neutral Index.
• Sector Leader for Office, Asia in the 2018 Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB)
• Green Bond Pioneer Award 2018 – New Countries Taking Green Bonds Global (Climate Bonds Initiative)
• FIABCI World Prix d’Excellence Awards 2018
– Gramercy Park – World Gold Winner (Residential, High Rise)
• FIABCI Singapore Property Awards 2018
– New Futura – Winner (Residential, High Rise)
EdgeProp Excellence Awards 2018
Established in 2017 as the ultimate benchmark of excellence in Singapore’s property development, EdgeProp Singapore Excellence Awards honours the best developers in Singapore who have created residential projects that not just stand out in the skyline, but where residents are proud to call home.
Apart from receiving the Top Developer Award for the second consecutive year, the following CDL residential projects were also recognised with these accolades at the EdgeProp Excellence Awards:
03 RESIDENTIAL BESTSELLERS
In 2018, CDL, together with our joint-venture (JV) partners, sold a total of 1,113 units, including Executive Condominiums (EC), with a total sales value of over S$2 billion. This strong performance was powered by healthy sales at our new launches: