INCUBATE embodies the partnership between the technology providers and services providers, premises owners, and the government, to collectively innovate and curate better technologies, solutions and innovations for the Environmental Services industry.
The signing ceremony was witnessed by Minister for the Environment and Water Resources (MEWR), Mr Masagos Zulkifli, and Mr Albert Chua, Permanent Secretary of MEWR, at the launch event of the Environmental Services Industry Transformation Map (ES ITM) held on 11 December 2017.
Mr Chia Ngiang Hong, CDL Group General Manager, said, “CDL proactively adopts innovative technologies and solutions to continuously raise the operational efficiency and environmental performance of our properties. This also helps to further enhance the comfort and well-being of our customers and tenants.”
“We are pleased to be an INCUBATE partner under the ES ITM. CDL will explore and pilot initiatives including robotics and smart technologies to increase the efficacy, productivity and quality of facilities management at our buildings such as City Square Mall, Le Grove Serviced Apartments and Republic Plaza. We hope that our pioneering efforts will help to pave the way for more innovations to transform the environmental services sector in Singapore,” Mr Chia added.
Under the INCUBATE partnership, CDL will explore innovations and solutions for its retail and office buildings such as City Square Mall and Republic Plaza, as well as its Le Grove Serviced Apartments:
- Call for solutions for maintenance-related challenges such as autonomous façade cleaning
- Pilot in-sink grinders and on-site food waste digesters in serviced apartments to recycle food waste into compost which can be used as fertiliser for plants in the landscape area
- Implement an integrated facilities management approach to improve service delivery through smart monitoring, fault reporting and analytics
- Deploy robotics such as autonomous scrubbers for hard floor cleaning to achieve manpower savings
- Explore implementation of performance-based contracting
- Application of traffic and ammonia sensor systems in toilets for more effective housekeeping and enhanced user experience
- Rodent monitoring system to reduce pest manifestation and improve hygiene
- Anti-smell tiles for urinal area in toilets to enhance user experience