CDL Executive Chairman Mr Kwek Leng Beng was accorded the Lifetime Achievement Award at the Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards 2017, in recognition of his outstanding achievements, visionary leadership and steadfast dedication that has led to the successful growth of CDL and parent company, Hong Leong Group for over five decades.
• Singapore Corporate Awards 2017 – Best Investor Relations (Gold)
• Institutional Investor – Asia’s Most Honoured Companies Awards 2017 – Asia’s Most Honoured Company – Mid-cap
• IR Magazine Awards – South East Asia 2017 – Best ESG Communications (Joint winner)
• Securities Investors Association Singapore (SIAS) Investors’ Choice Awards 2017
– Shareholder Communications Excellence (Winner, Big Cap category)
– Singapore Corporate Governance Award (Runner-up, Real Estate category)
• Millennium Hotels and Resorts expanded its M Social brand in Auckland, New Zealand, with the opening of M Social Auckland.
• CDL exchanged contracts to buy the freehold Ransomes Wharf site in Battersea South West London, with plans to develop a £222 million luxury residential project.
• Collaboration with Waterbrook Lifestyle Resorts to develop Waterbrook Bayview, a luxury five-star retirement village in Bayview, Sydney.
• CDL China entered into a strategic partnership with China Vanke Co., Ltd (Vanke), through a partial divestment of CDL China’s interests in two projects located in the Yuzhong District of Chongqing to the latter: 70% of Chongqing Huang Huayuan, and 50% of Eling Residences.
• In December, through a joint venture partnership with First Sponsor and Tai Tak, CDL entered into a sale and purchase agreement for the proposed acquisition of the Le Méridien Frankfurt Hotel in Germany.
• CDL signed an agreement to invest RMB72 million for a 24% stake in Distrii, China’s leading co-working space operator. Distrii will mark its first international foray by leasing more than 60,000 square feet of space at Republic Plaza.
• JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach officially opened its doors with a grand opening party in March 2017.
• CDL and joint venture partner Hong Realty (Private) Limited successfully tendered for the collective sale of the Amber Park condominium site for S$906.7 million. Situated in the exclusive Amber Road enclave in the East Coast area, the prime site has tremendous potential given its excellent locational attributes and rare freehold status.
STRONG PROPERTY SALES
• The Venue Residences and Shoppes is a mixed development with 266 apartments and 28 retail and dining units located near Potong Pasir MRT station. Residential units at the joint venture project are all sold out.
• Gramercy Park, CDL’s 174-unit luxury freehold residential development along Grange Road achieved positive sales. As of 17 January 2018, Gramercy Park is 93% sold.
• Nestled close to the tranquil Lower Seletar Reservoir and lush greenery of Orchid Country Club, CDL’s The Criterion Executive Condominium (EC), was named by global real estate services firm Jones Lang LaSalle as one of Singapore’s top-selling EC projects in the month of October 2017.
BUILT INDUSTRY LEADER
• Building and Construction Authority (BCA) Awards 2017
– Most-awarded private-sector property developer
– First and only property developer to be awarded the inaugural top Quality Star Champion Award
– Only Platinum winner for Construction Productivity Award – Advocates (Developer)
• EdgeProp Excellence Awards 2017 – Top Developer Award
• Euromoney Real Estate Survey 2017 – Best Residential Estate Developer in Singapore
• South East Asia Property Awards 2017 – Best Developer, Singapore
• CDL, through its wholly-owned subsidiary CDL Properties Ltd (CDLP) issued the first Green Bond by a Singapore Company.
• Official opening of the Singapore Sustainability Academy, the first major People, Public and Private (3P) initiative in support of global and national sustainability goals.
• Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World
– Top Singapore Company
– Most Sustainable Corporation in Real Estate Management & Development
• Singapore Sustainability Reporting Awards 2017 – Best Sustainability Report for Established Reporters (Mainboard and Catalist)
• SGBC-BCA Sustainability Leadership Awards 2017 – Green Building Business Leadership in Sustainability – Green Building Organisations: Business Leadership in Sustainability, Winner